Three Years, Three More Truths

Three years. 

It's been three years since I was inspired to start this blog as a means of communicating with "my girls," the beloved class of 2014, whose impact on my life will not diminish. 

It's been three years since I looked those original girls in the eyes every Sunday morning, praying desperately that I would hear the Spirit clearly and speak the words of God into their lives. 

It's been three years since I chose that original background for my blog; time for something fresh!

It's been three years since one of you said to me, "What will I do without this notebook and writing to you every week?"

It's been three years since I wrote a lesson entitled "Eleven Truths Nobody Else will Tell You," turned it into a blog, and started this world of pouring out my heart not only to that original group of girls but to a plethora of women, girls, and even a few guys who honor me in reading it. 

So to recognize our three year anniversary, I re-read that first post. It's still what I feel are some of the most important truths for spiritual maturity. It's the same advice I have given many of you over and over :) It's worth the time to memorize those scriptures and jot those 11 things on your heart whenever you hear lies trying to take over your mind. 

I honestly believe those 11 Truths will stand the test of time. But if I were writing that blog post today, three years later, I'd add three things to it:

12. You CAN hear God's voice. So learn how. Start by doing the things you have been told plainly in His Word: the 10 Commandments, Sermon on the Mount, Great Commission, and more. Walk in obedience and truth. Seek Him daily in His Word. When you do that, He'll speak to you through the Holy Spirit. He may not answer the question you're asking, but He will speak.

(Jeremiah 29:13-14, John 6:63)

13. Thankfulness is a must. When we don't God for everything--yes, everything--we reject His provision and path for our lives. One of the greatest disciplines I've learned is to intentionally thank God for the things I'm not particularly thankful for. I might thank Him for understanding my hurt, for having a plan for my redemption and victory, or for making me stronger through it. 

(Philippians 4:6, Colossians 4:2)

14. It's okay to be out of balance. Sometimes you're in a season of lots of studying, working, traveling, children, or heartache. For some strange reason, women feel the need to "stay balanced" in those extreme times. 

So, first of all, make sure you're honestly in an extreme season. If your life is one drama after another, you need to be able to step back and be able to assess life for life and recognize the truly extreme times. Or maybe you need to get rid of the things that cause drama after drama. Just maybe.

But when you're in an extreme time, forget balance. YOU CANNOT DO EVERYTHING WELL SOMETIMES. So don't try. You can't go through an emotional breakdown and still look like Miss Pinterest and cook gourmet meals and plan a friend's bridal shower and do cross fit every day. You need Jesus more than anything, so in your times of extreme, cling to Him. And that's it. Let everything else fall by the wayside for a little while. 

(Deuteronomy 6:5, Psalm 121)

THANK YOU for spreading the word for three years. Thank you for reading, sharing, liking, and forwarding. Thank you for your encouragement and re-reads. I am so blessed to be able to do this. 

myleslienotebook@gmail.com
@leslienotebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Mr. Ken

In Your Mouth

Eleven Truths Nobody Else will Tell You