Do You Trust Him?

Who do you trust?

It's a pretty easy question. As soon as you saw it, you knew the answer. It's not something you have to ponder. I could list all the people in your life and you could tell me--instantly--if you trust that person.

Or not.

Because here's the case: we usually trust a person until we realize we can't. Most of us are pretty trusting in general, but we know better than to put our trust in someone that has proven to be un-trustworthy in the past.

A few weeks ago, my husband went for a hike to a creek near our house. He got to the water and saw a log that had fallen over the creek, connecting the bank he was on to the other side. He walked across it, no problem.

A few days later, he decided to take our kids to that same spot. Just like he had done a few days earlier, they walked to the log. He walked out on it, no problem. He held out his hand for our 6-year old son to follow him. 

Problem. 

The minute he stepped on with all of his 40 pounds of weight, the log fell. Both of them ended in the water, soaked, with a 30-minute walk to get back to the house and dry clothes.

They won't trust that log again.

And I think many of you look at God like that log. You saw Him, trusted Him, and tried Him out. All was good. But then you had a little extra weight, a little extra stress, a little extra baggage, and you found yourself floundering in a spiritual creek.

So you swore never to trust Him again. You'd call yourself a Christian, go to church sometimes, and maybe even read your bible. But that trust was broken.

So I'm here to challenge you to get back up on the log again.

Don't worry; I'm not going to ask you to do it right now. But I am going to help you dig into the life of a man who HAD to think that God wasn't worthy to be trusted. One who had gone out on the log and fell head-first. And I want us  to look at his life and his words and his legacy and seriously ask ourselves: Do I trust God like him?

[Pause: TRUST is the noun form of BELIEVE in the Greek. So if you believe (verb) God, you put your trust (noun) in Him. So I will be using those words interchangeably today and for this theme.] 

Today I just want to get you started thinking about it with this verse:

"Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands," (Psalm 119:66).

Said in some other translations:
"Teach me good judgment, wise and right discernment, and knowledge, for I have believed (trusted, relied on, and clung to) Your commandments," (AMP).

"Increase my knowledge and give me good sense, because I trust your commands," (NIRV).

"I believe in your commands; now teach me good judgment and knowledge," (NLT).

Did you catch it? According to Psalm 119:66, there is a correlation between trusting/believing God's Word and learning to apply it. That is HUGE.

We must TRUST His Word before we can apply it.

The first step is up to you. So...

When you read "honor your father and mother," you do.
When it says, "do not lie," you don't.
When He promises blessings for the righteous, you desire righteousness.

So for today, ask God to reveal to you something in His Word that you might say you trust but you really don't. It's okay. This is how you start.

Ask Him to help you believe (Mark 9:23-24).
Put that trust into your mind, your heart, and your life.

And let's see how He changes you from the inside out. 

@leslienotebook
myleslienotebook@gmail.com

PLEASE subscribe if you haven't! Top right of this blog, put in your email address, then check your email, click on the link, and you'll never miss another one :)

Love you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye, Mr. Ken

In Your Mouth

Eleven Truths Nobody Else will Tell You